2013 Call for Presenter Proposals
Do you have engaging classroom practices you want to share with other educators? Is your school or district on the way to supporting 21st century skills and implementing new curricula? If so, please join us at the 2013 Elementary Conference as a presenter!
Conference Agenda and Session Times
The Elementary School Conference will be held from noon on Sunday, October 20th, to noon on Tuesday, October 22nd. Sunday and Monday sessions will be 75 minutes long, and Tuesday sessions will be an hour long. Most rooms seat about 60 people, but a few rooms seat as few as 25 or 30 participants. We can't take requests for room sizes and presentation times, so please keep this in mind when you submit your proposal. We will let you know your time and room assignment several months before the conference so that you can plan accordingly.
Our conference theme this year is "Common Core and So Much More." When you fill out the form on the next page, you'll be asked to choose ONE of the following five conference strands. Please read the descriptions below so you can choose the strand that is best aligned with your presentation. It is the goal of NCAEE to support high quality conference sessions that are timely and relevant to elementary educators. Proposals should be very clear in how the session aligns with current research or best practice. Any sessions identified as “Common Core” must be clearly aligned to specific standards.
- Common Core – Sessions clearly aligned to specific Common Core standards and designed to provide teachers with the tools to help them implement the standards effectively. In your proposal, be sure to explain how your session is aligned with the Common Core.
- Essential Standards – Sessions designed to help teachers implement the Essential Standards. In your proposal, be sure to identify how your session will support educators in teaching Essential Standards.
- Teacher Leadership – Sessions that support the teacher as a leader and promoting responsible, responsive, reflective decision-making. Includes sessions dealing with professional growth, the teacher evaluation process, home-school communication, and classroom management.
- Supporting Diversity – Sessions that offer strategies for acknowledging, creating, and engaging with diverse learners, populations, and environments.
- Technology in Education – Sessions that offer strategies for utilizing technology in education, including blogging, mobile devices in schools, flipped classrooms, use of document cameras and whiteboards, free online educational resources, etc.
Responsibilities of Presenters
- Each room is equipped with a podium, microphone, and screen. The conference center is equipped with internet access for all conference attendees. All other equipment needs will be the responsibility of the presenter ; computers and LCD projectors are NOT provided.
- Each presenter must provide his or her own handouts. Presenters will be provided with the room size at least 30 days prior to the conference.
- All presenters agree to register and pay conference fees at least 30 days prior to the conference.
- Presenters may not sell books, products, or services at the conference unless they have registered and paid the Exhibitor fee.
Company or Organization Affiliations
The deadline for Presenter Proposals was on April 7th. We received over 100 proposals for 65 spots, but it's possible that we will need to add sessions later if we have a large number of participants to register. You may still submit a proposal, but you will not receive a confirmation or any communication from us about your submission. If we need additional sessions later, we will check the submission form for new entries and will contact you at that time. Thanks for understanding!
If you would still like to submit a proposal, click the green button below to access the Presenter Proposal form. Please keep a copy of your session description and other relevant information as you will not be able to access it later.