The North Carolina Association of Elementary Educators (NCAEE), founded in fall 2005, is the only professional organization in North Carolina—and one of two in the nation—established expressly to advocate for and serve elementary educators and elementary level children. Visit our blog here: NCAEE It's Elementary! for articles of interest. The goals of NCAEE are to:
- promote professionalism
- provide opportunities for leadership
- provide opportunities for networking with other elementary educators
- serve as a voice/advocate for elementary educators and children
- provide resources that support elementary educators
- develop and maintain partnerships for teacher education (e.g., among personnel of state agencies, state and national associations, public and independent schools, and colleges and universities)
- promote awareness of practices based on scientific research
- promote rigor in instruction
Membership is open to educators and all other persons who are interested in the education of elementary level children, including teachers, school-site administrators, central office administrators, professors of education, and DPI administrators.
NCAEE is governed by a Board of Directors. Members of the Board include the President, Immediate Past President, President Elect, Secretary, Treasurer, eight Regional Directors from the eight education regions of the state, and six At-Large Directors. Standing committees, with members appointed by the President with the approval of the Board, help to carry out the work of the association. The standing committees are:
- Membership and Benefits Committee
- Election/Nominating Committee
- Communications Committee
- Conference Committee
- Procedures Committee
- Finance Committee
- Professional Development Committee
- Awards Committee
NCAEE offers the annual Elementary School Conference in October of each year. The 12th Annual Elementary School Conference will be held on October 18 - 20, 2015 at the Embassy Suites in Charlotte-Concord, NC. Make plans now to attend!
There are many opportunities for elementary educators to fill leadership roles in NCAEE. Through membership and active involvement, individuals can help to determine the future direction of NCAEE and have a lasting impact on education at the elementary level in North Carolina.
You are invited to join like-minded elementary educators by becoming a member of NCAEE and becoming actively involved. Feel free to contact any of the NCAEE Board members listed on the Leadership page to explore possibilities for leadership roles for yourself in the association. We look forward to hearing from you!